Sunday, June 4, 2017

Day 22 - A day of profound changes

This post was brought to you by the letter G - and the number 27

1. Water - Yes
2. Yoga -  Half hour
3. Walk - Yes - 3 hour mud hike with B & A2
4. Be grateful -  I am grateful for what being grateful actually brings.
5. Build/Create - MOC
6. Be still - Yes
7. Positive - I am freed.
8. NO junk - Yes
9. "Fix" - Chores around the house.
10. Seek pleasure - Family
10/10

Brave Act

Today, set 3 gratitude alarms to go off at random times during today. As they alarm, stop whatever it is your doing and bring to mind 3 things you’re grateful for in that moment :)
12:30 pm - Grateful for a strong back, Grateful for the pain in my arm from the bullwhip, and Grateful  A2 showed up before B,
4:30 pm - Grateful B was kind, responsible, respectful and honest.  Grateful we took the closed trail.  Grateful we did not die a horrible and painful death while landsliding.
10:30 pm - Grateful for long evening talks with A2, Grateful for a lovely dinner, Grateful most of the wood is gone.

Something today clicked with the anger...
There was a moment that just would have typically set me off  but magically did not, Not because I bite my tongue, or swallowed my words, but when I was in the moment I made a choice to search for the positives and humour in the situation.  I typically would have been very pissed and has some reaction between biting sarcasm and a full out fight... however my gratitude instead ended up in me receiving an apology and then a collective and supportive ownership from all parties.  Blew my fricking mind.

"When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears."  At least it sure did today.  Im going to actively try to put this into day to day life.  If I can keep it in the forefront of my mind, I believe it will have profound effects.

Journal Prompts 

Something I can see in my environment that brings me joy … 
Typically this answer would be perennials I have nurtured, but.... today the mud on the very long trail brought me joy.  And on a few near wipe outs B held my covered in mud hands so I would be safe, and A2 was so caring it literally brought tears to my eyes.

A recent coincidence that left me with a smile … 
You got wood.  This damn tree and the people its brought across my front lawn.  Too funny for words, too weird to explain.  Thank you tall and mighty tree, for you brought me more joy laying dead on my lawn than you ever did shading my front yard.  

A person I am blessed to have in my life right now … 
A1 and A2 - I would not have made it through this year without the input, love, support, understanding, wisdom and comfort of these two wonderful men.

Random Ponderings - As I looked at the pros and cons... I have decided that one meeting with G was more than enough to quell this midlife crisis.  It was exciting and exhilarating and I truly felt like I was 17 again.  Sadly its a ticking time bomb, and the blow out could be the biggest mess I have ever been in.  I have played with fire, and won, but I am not willing to play with my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment