Sunday, June 11, 2017

Day 29 - Light at the end of the tunnel

One more day... I think I can, I think I can.

1. Water - Yes
2. Yoga -  60
3. Walk - Park. River. Trestle. Sleep Shop. Hanover By Pass
4. Be grateful -  I am grateful for my life turning around.
5. Build/Create - Sketching in "Pick Me Up"
6. Be still - Yes
7. Positive - I am woman, hear me ROAR.
8. NO junk - Yes
9. "Fix" - Cut grass
10. Seek pleasure - Coffee date
10/10

Brave Act

Reach out to a friend whom you've lost touch. Ask them how they've grown and try to pinpoint what the real driving force for their action to change was.

I asked a friend that recently got sober... their answer was so simple I thought they were understating it, until I saw the look in their eyes.  "It was a matter of life or death."

I think we all hit a "rock bottom" of sorts, late 2016 was mine.  I can never go back to that depth, every again.  Growling, digging in, planting feet firmly, leaning forward, "Im here and I am enough. come with me or get the hell out of my way" because I have only one direction, FORWARD.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."

Journal Prompts

What do I notice starting to compound into something greater that would have been impossible for me to see a month ago?  
Two simple things hit me with this question, water and walking.  These two items are making me more healthy.  I used to actually hate water... 29 days later Im craving it and no longer wanting the case of coke that is sitting in the fridge.  Walking is getting easier every day.  Going farther, faster, with less effort.  My only fear is weather... I can do the rain but come late fall, Im not sure I can brave the snow.  Im going to have to come up with an alternate plan for then.

What might happen if I stayed committed towards this growth for another 30 days?
Im not sure this is a "might"... I think I must.  I will back off of some of the 10 "demands" only because they almost start to feel like nagging....  but the yoga, water, and walking has to stay.  It has to be as natural and habitual as brushing my teeth or my morning coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment