Friday, May 12, 2017

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

Why am I here?  
Why am I reaching out?  
Because I am fighting for my life and hoping my journey can help yours too. 

I am desperately miserable and I am tired of pretending everything is okay.  Yes I have tried the drugs, and some reports say they are effective in less than 50% of people, so please don't think drugs help everyone.  As for myself, there is no more saying I'm "fine" because there is nothing fine about hiding depression.  Mental illness shaming is not okay and I will no longer allow the fear of humiliation make me remain silent. 




These are my top five issues which play a huge factor of my depression, but they are subject to change as I work through this process. 

1. I'm fat because I'm trying to fill a void in my life and I don't put my own health first.
2. I'm lonely because I have given too much of myself to businesses, organizations and people that never gets acknowledged, and because people make promises they never intend on keeping. 
3. I'm sad from caring about people that do not have the ability or desire to make me a priority, and from living in a place where we don't value education, arts and health as much as we value prosperity and instant gratification.   
4. I'm frustrated by my repetitive inability to recognize the narcissists, psychopaths, and those lacking empathy before I let them into my heart and trust them with my secrets. 
5. I'm angry due to poorly managed chronic pain and the lack of decent health care available to me. 

Something has to change.
I guess that's ME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment